Best 6 Natural Home Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction is a common problem in men, but you don’t simply have to put up with it. In the following article, you will read about:
- The natural remedies you can use right now to combat erectile dysfunction
- Some of the physical and mental factors that could lead to erectile dysfunction
- What the symptoms of erectile dysfunction may be for you
- Some supplements you may be able to take to reduce the effects of erectile dysfunction
- Some lifestyle changes you can make to prevent erectile dysfunction
- How erectile dysfunction affects men in the United States
Taking a Brief Look at Erectile Dysfunction
Did you know that erectile dysfunction is a problem for an estimated 30 million American men? This staggering statistic means that erectile dysfunction is one of the most common sexual problems men face in the modern age.
Even with all the new-fangled medications made for erectile dysfunction, it’s still a rampant problem. So what can you do about it? If you don’t already have erectile dysfunction and want to limit your risk of developing it, you can start by eating healthily and making sure you get plenty of cardio exercises and weight training.
Weight training can help keep your testosterone levels up, and it is a well-documented scientific fact that one of the causes of erectile dysfunction is lowered testosterone levels. You can also try to limit your stress as much as possible as excessive stress and anxiety can also play a part in developing erectile dysfunction.
Lack of blood flow to the penis is one of the physical factors, which is why amino acids are often recommended to men with erectile dysfunction or ED as it is commonly called. Regular cardio exercise could be one way to combat this physical cause of ED.
According to Health Web Magazine, there are also supplements that you can take to make sure that your circulation is up to par, so to speak. Some such supplements include l-arginine, which is an amino acid proven to improve circulation and oxygen uptake in the blood cells.
But what if you are already dealing with ED? Could the best male enhancement supplement work for you? What about foods you can incorporate into your diet? Learn 6 of the best ways to combat erectile dysfunction naturally in the following section.
6 Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
Before we even get into the list, we must state that the best way to combat erectile dysfunction is to speak to your doctor about it as soon as possible. It isn’t something you should be ashamed or embarrassed about, as it is a common and natural problem for most men. In the meantime, though, here are 6 things you can do about your ED right now:
- Eat Healthy Foods – A healthy diet is a great first step to not only prevent ED but combat it once you already have it. Studies have shown that a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and fatty fish, like salmon, can greatly reduce your risk of ED and help once you already have it. Remaining at a healthy weight is a big part of treating ED as well, so eating healthy foods will help in more ways than one.
- Limit Smoking and Drinking – This is one of the lifestyle changes you can make to lessen your ED symptoms. Smoking may inhibit your blood vessels from reaching the penis, and drinking can contribute to the mental factors that often play a part in ED since it is a depressive substance and may kill your sexual desire in the first place.
- Quality Supplements – There are a handful of quality dietary supplements you can use to help lessen the symptoms of your ED. Reading a VigorNow review, as well as some other popular products, will give you a better idea of which ones can help with your situation.
- Acupuncture – One of the most common causes of ED in adult males is the lack of blood flow to the penis. Acupuncture has proven to be a good treatment for poor circulation for both men and women.
- Cardio Exercise – Even if you already have ED, getting enough cardio may help lessen the symptoms. Research shows that many cases of ED are caused by some sort of cardiovascular abnormality. This explains why blood flow is so important for ED. Regular cardio exercise is, therefore, a great natural remedy for ED. Try some light jogging for half an hour every other day, swimming, running, playing basketball, or riding your bike.
- Get Enough Sleep – It may seem unrelated, but recent studies have shown that men who report not getting enough sleep or getting poor quality sleep were more at risk for developing ED than men who report getting enough sleep. It may be difficult, but try getting to bed earlier and altering your routine so that you get better quality sleep. Drinking chamomile tea can help you get to sleep faster and possibly, sleep deeper. Health Web Magazine also has some great tips for this as well as other male health topics.
Talking about the problem with loved ones or professional therapists may also alleviate your ED. For many men, the problem is mental, so it can help to simply let your anxiety about ED out to someone you trust. Even the best male enhancement supplement won’t help unless you are honest with yourself and others about the problem, so keep that in mind.
It will also be helpful to read a VigorNow review or two if you plan on going the supplement route. Seeing how it has affected other men will surely give you a better insight into what supplement, if any, would work best in your situation. As always, be mindful of your body and your health.