The wildfires across American and Australian forests have raised environmental and health concerns. You might be looking for solutions to reduce the hazards of wildfire smoke.
The best air purifiers for wildfire smokee are the right choice for preventing any health issues due to prolonged exposure to pollution. These purifiers have filters to help you breathe cleaner air. Now, before buying the air purifier, you may want to consider a few factors to ensure you purchase the right product.
This post answers everything you may wish to learn about the best air purifiers for wildfire smoke. Read on!
Who Is More Vulnerable to Risk of Wildfire Smoke?
Most Americans would be concerned as the forest fires rapidly increase due to the dry conditions. The pollution from wildfire smoke may pose a danger for many individuals falling under the high-risk category.
Take a look at the category to decide whether you need an air purifier to protect your family against this threat:
- Individuals with heart and lung diseases: The smoke irritates the respiratory tract and disrupts cardiovascular functions. So, individuals with heart and lung diseases are more vulnerable to the effects of wildfire smoke.
- Elderly individuals: High exposure to smoke may increase the risk of developing heart and lung diseases in elderly individuals.
- Children: Children breathe more air per pound of body weight than adults. So, they breathe in greater amounts of toxins which may affect the developing airways.
- Pregnant women: Increased exposure to wildfire smoke may pose a considerable risk to the health of the baby and the mother. It may cause issues such as preterm birth and low birth weight of babies.
If exposed to the smoke for prolonged hours, it may hurt and irritate your eyes. In addition, the harmful toxins from the smoke may increase the chances of developing chronic heart and lung diseases.
Consider These Points Before Buying an Air Purifier for Filtering Wildfire Smoke
The best air purifiers for wildfire smoke include several qualities that enhance their performance. You can determine the specifications of a purifier after assessing your environment and the requirements accordingly. Take a look at the factors you should consider before buying an air purifier.
- HEPA air filter: A true HEPA air filter will remove microscopic particles in wildfire smoke as they use highly dense paper filtration to trap any airborne contaminants.
- Upgrade the HVAC filters: Ensure that the HVAC filters are replaceable so that you can change them from time to time.
- Noise levels: The air purifier would run 24/7, make sure it makes minimal noise. So, you wouldn’t stay up all night due to the purifier’s sound.
- Not all smoke air purifiers are the same: Some air purifiers filter different kinds of smoke, such as smoke from tobacco or smog. This smoke is different from wildfire smoke as it contains various toxins. Hence, check whether the purifier can filter 99.97% of all microscopic particles at least 0.3 microns in size.
An air purifier has a myriad of features to safeguard you against the toxins in the air. More so, with the rising cases of wildlife fires, you need extra protection. The air purifying HEPA air filters remove microscopic particles, eliminating harmful toxins.
So, get an air purifier to cope with the wildfire smoke and the health hazards!