Bachelor of Science or BSc is a popular undergraduate degree program that spans three years further divided into six semesters. A BSc program offers a combination of theory and practical lessons that provide the prospective student with robust knowledge of the chosen subject. The degree is widely recognised and accepted, making it a popular course opted by students with a keen interest in scientific aptitude. In India, BSc is one of the most famous bachelor’s courses students pursue after completing senior secondary school.
The BSc admission process is usually conducted in two modes, either based on merit or through an entrance examination held by universities and colleges independently or collectively. The college or university releases a course or branch-wise cut-off list in the merit-based admission process. Candidates fulfilling the eligibility and cut-off criteria are offered provisional admission.
On the contrary, entrance based admission process starts with entrance exams. The students are shortlisted for further admission procedures based on their entrance test scores. However, the process entirely depends upon the university you decide to apply to.
This article will discuss the courses offered under the BSc degree program. Read ahead to find out.
BSc Degree: An Overview
A BSc program primarily focuses on one major subject area. The curriculum is designed to provide the students with comprehensive subject-oriented practical and theoretical knowledge. An array of courses are offered under the BSc degree program.
Here we bring to you the list of BSc branches to choose from:
- BSc (Hons.) Chemistry: Chemistry is a scientific branch that deals with the study of matter, its properties, compositions, and reactivity with other elements. This BSc branch emphasises basic concepts in chemistry, ranging from compounds, molecules, atoms, and units of measuring atoms. Thus, it is one of the most important branches of science.
- BSc (Hons.) Physics: BSc in physics deals with the fundamental aspects of the subject. The course includes providing knowledge on quantum mechanics, calculus, optics, waves, semiconductors, electromagnetism, etc. The course is divided into six semesters comprising theory, lab, and practical examination.
- BSc (Hons.) Geology: A well-designed course in geology focuses on earth science. It is the study of elements, such as minerals, rocks, other solid substances composition, history, and other processes involved.
- BSc (Hons.) Mathematics: This BSc course caters to a robust understanding of the practice of mathematics. With this course, aspiring students can explore structure, shape, change, and engage in conjecture and discovery. Earning a BSc degree in mathematics has a good scope in the future, offering career opportunities in analytics, software development, and banking sector jobs.
- BSc Computer Science: A BSc in computer science is one of the most popular degree programs in IT(Information Technology). It has the potential to propel your entire career since the consistent growth of this sector offers a variety of job opportunities. This course efficiently covers all aspects of computers, ranging from the fundamentals of computers to database systems. It also focuses on advanced courses like Java and C++.
The students with a BSc degree have excellent employment opportunities in their expertise. With several BSc courses available, the students can study a subject that best matches their interests. A BSc degree can be an excellent career option because it helps you get an edge over your competitors, leading to better career progression. Log on to our website and learn more about the popular BSc course you can pursue!