Your front porch is an excellent space for entertainment with friends and family in both the summer and winter months. There are several things that you can use to make it look really pretty and attractive. You do not have to spend a large fortune on it as well. If you are figuring out how to make your front porch look chic and stylish, here are some helpful tips for you.
Flowers and plants
Add some fresh greenery to your front porch. You can
- Place one or two urns, if you have space, on the porch and fill them with flowers. In the winter months, you can exchange these summer greeneries with winter displays.
- Use some hanging baskets with summer flowers to add bursts of colour to space.
- Dot your front porch with potted flowers and plants. Use a variety of plant sizes and a container to bring in visual interest. However, make sure you do not overdo the space and land up with too much clutter. Select containers that blend in well with the surroundings.
- Attach some flower boxes to railings and windows. Fill them with some vibrant flowers.
Get some attractive accessories for your porch
You can buy the following accessories for your front porch
- Place galvanized pails and lanterns with candles inside them on the steps to your porch to welcome your guests.
- Make space appear inviting and cozy with rugs, and invest in some sturdy outdoor curtains to add privacy to space.
- Make sure you have some covers and throws on your furniture so that on cool evenings you can wrap yourself up
- Use a lot of accent pillows on your furniture for comfort and colour
- Display some colourful artwork. You can visit vintage flea markets and find some charming items for your front porch. Ensure you do not invest in anything too expensive as they might get damaged in the wind or bad weather.
- You can mask noise coming from the street or neighbours with a water feature mounted on the wall.
Your front porch always makes room for a comfortable sitting area. Make sure you use outdoor furniture and cover them with furniture covers that protect them from the sun. Arrange the furniture like you would have done inside the home. Remember, your porch is an extension of your home, and it should blend in well with the interior décor. At the same time, you must ensure that the space that acts as a conversation area for your guests has a table for placing food and drinks.
Last and not least, remember your front door is generally the focal point of your porch, so make sure you dress it up well. You can give your door a fresh coat of colour or perhaps add a doorknob decorative in nature. Wreaths are excellent for summer and autumn, and winter so gets one that is filled with vibrant summer flowers and lush greenery.