Did you know women have more health risks compared to men? According to research, heart disease is among the primary causes of death among women in the world. Usually, women live engaging lives that do not allow them to take good care of themselves, putting them at risk of different health conditions.
In addition, women have a different reproductive system than that of a man, which is a source of their various health complications. If you are looking to improve your health and wellness, women’s health in Lady Lake can take part in helping you achieve your health goals as a woman. Consult Integrated Family Medical Center today for more information.
What is women’s health?
Women’s health involves enhancing a woman’s overall health, including sexual, reproductive, and mental health. Women’s lives are evolving, but enhancing their health enables them to achieve more, making their lives better.
What does a woman’s health involve?
Some of the areas covered in women’s health include;
Well-woman exams are essential for women’s health that involve screening, health evaluation, tests, and preventative care. It involves a thorough regular check-up, usually after a year or when a health provider asks to enhance general wellness.
A well-woman exam may involve:
- Breast/cervical cancer screening
- STD testing
- Pap smear
- Asking questions unusual symptoms
- Birth control evaluation
- Various health conditions diagnosis
Why do you need to have well-woman exams?
- Well-woman exams enhance preventative care by preventing severe health conditions and providing early treatments lowering the severity risk.
- It assesses your general health. Your provider checks your heart rate, weight, blood pressure, evaluates any health risks, and gives vaccination during your appointment.
- Well-woman exams give you a chance to discuss your reproductive health with your doctor. You may also ask about any strange symptoms regarding your reproductive health.
- It involves health screenings that are critical in the prevention and health maintenance, such as cancer screenings.
- Besides your wellness exams, your provider at Integrated Family Medical Center offers gynecology services such as pap smears, incontinence treatment, and menopause management.
What is a pap smear? Do you need it?
A pap smear is a screening to detect health conditions early. Your provider performs a pap smear during a pelvic exam, usually for cervical cancer. It is essential to have your pap smear at age 21 or when sexually active.
During menopause, estrogen levels decrease, causing unpleasant symptoms such as
- Vaginal dryness
- Mood swings
- Aches and pains
- Hot flashes
The integrated Family Medical Center offers hormone replacement therapy and medications to minimize menopause effects and improve your life quality.
What is incontinence?
Many women experience incontinence at some point in their lives. It involves being unable to control their bladder. The women’s health expert at Integrated Family Medical Center provides extensive care to determine the cause of your problem and provide effective treatments.
Contact a women’s health specialist today.
Women’s health involves various techniques to enhance health, prevent and lower the risk of health conditions. Call Integrated Family Medical Center today to schedule your woman’s health consultation.