There are a lot of different Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems on the market. It can be difficult to make sense of the different options and choose the one that’s best for your practice. Here, we’ll compare two EHR software products that are popular in the medical industry: AdvancedMD and Healthland Centriq.
This AdvancedMD EHR vs. Healthland Centriq EHR comparison is designed to help you make the best decision for your medical practice.
When it comes to choosing the right EHR software, there are many factors to consider. The system must meet the needs of your medical practice today, while also being able to grow with your practice as it expands.
The right EHR will enable you to communicate more effectively with patients and caregivers, making it easier to provide high-quality care at an affordable price.
Let’s take a quick look at their features and reviews.
AdvancedMD EHR Features
When it comes to EHR features, AdvancedMD offers a full suite of practice management and EHR solutions for small practices. The software is cloud-based and enables physicians to access medical records in real-time from any device at any location with an internet connection. It also integrates with practice management software, so you can manage your entire practice within one unified system. Here’s what else AdvancedMD EHR Featureshave to offer:
- Advanced Reporting: With Advanced Reporting Pro, you receive access to standard reports on things like clinical visits, charges/payments, and more that are available at no additional cost.
- Patient records management: AdvancedMD’s patient records management software lets users view complete clinical and financial records on a single screen. The system allows users to view and update records, schedule appointments and send notifications. The EHR has a drag-and-drop interface that lets users customize workflow.
- Patient portal: AdvancedMD also offers a patient portal, which allows patients to book appointments online, access their medical history and exchange messages with their doctors.
- Appointment scheduling: The solution’s appointment scheduling feature enables users to manage daily schedules for multiple providers and locations. Scheduling can be done from the EHR, from the patient portal or via a mobile app. Users can schedule recurring appointments and add notes to each appointment.
- Billing management: AdvancedMD’s billing module tracks payments received by the practice, outstanding balances owed by patients, insurance claims status and more. The system lets practices set up payment plans for patients as well as payment reminders.
AdvancedMD EHR Reviews
If you’re wondering what AdvancedMD customers have to say about their experience with the software, you’ll be happy to know that not only are there a lot of AdvancedMD reviews, but they’re also fairly positive. Users report that the interface is intuitive and easy to use and that staff training goes smoothly.
The program helps manage patient intake and follow-up care, so it has freed up time for your core medical responsibilities. It also allows you to set your own fees as well as see which treatments are successful.
However, they also report that the software has a few drawbacks, including slow performance in some areas of the system and difficulties with billing and claim submissions.
Healthland Centriq EHR Features
Healthland Centriq is a cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) built for small- to medium-sized practices. It’s affordable, easy to use and customize, secure, and compliant with healthcare regulations. You can buy Centriq outright for an annual fee or pay a monthly subscription fee. If you choose the latter option, Healthland will waive your first month’s payment so that you can try it out risk-free.
Centriq is designed to help small medical practices—such as primary care doctors, surgeons, dentists, and physical therapists—work more efficiently by automating administrative functions like billing and scheduling. Features include:
- EHR templates for patient history documentation
- Prescribing medications directly from the chart
- Appointment scheduling and recall management
- Electronic prescriptions and refill requests
- Patient portal for sending messages and reviewing lab results
Healthland Centriq EHR Reviews
Healthland Centriq is incredibly well-reviewed and easy to use, making it a good choice for small practices. The product has made a big impact on the small practice market; over 90% of Healthland Centriq’s customers rate its ease of use as “very good” or “excellent.” In addition, 94% of users rate Healthland’s technical support as excellent.
Final Take on AdvancedMD vs. Healthland Centriq: Which EHR Should You Choose?
To summarize: while AdvancedMD offers top-of-the-line reporting capabilities, the system is complex and has a steep learning curve. Healthland Centriq may not have as advanced of a reporting engine, but its user interface is fully customizable, which makes it very easy to learn and use.
If your practice is looking for an EHR that’s well suited to advanced specialty practices and has robust reporting capabilities, AdvancedMD may be a good choice—depending on how much you’re willing to spend in order to get access to those features. However, if you’re looking for a more affordable solution with deep functionalities that are also simpler to use and easier to implement, Healthland Centriq might be right up your alley.
Choosing the right EHR solution for your practice is tricky, but I hope this information helps!
It’s never easy to make big decisions, especially when they involve your medical practice. We hope this article has helped you understand some of the key features and functions of AdvancedMD vs. Healthland Centriq. It can be helpful to know that others have found success with both products—choosing one or the other is unlikely to be a bad decision.
If you still feel like you need support making this choice, don’t hesitate to reach out to an expert in EHR software that can guide you on what’s best for your practice. Also, tap your network into people who use either solution—they will give you honest feedback on their experiences.
Don’t forget: technology isn’t cheap and it only becomes more expensive if it doesn’t fit your needs!