Your baby’s safety should always be your top priority. However, most parents will agree that it’s not easy to guarantee your baby’s safety all the time since there are too many factors and dangers to consider. This is especially true when it comes to food for babies—there are so many allergens, toxins, and chemicals to be aware of that it becomes harder and harder to choose the right formula for your infant. In this quick guide, you’ll learn more about ways to find the safest formula for infants.
3 tips on how to choose a safe and organic baby formula
To be sure that the formula you choose is a safe one, it’s best to follow the tips down below and do as much research as you can. This way, you will be 100% prepared and know what kind of formula is the best one for your little one.
1. Avoid harmful ingredients in the baby’s formula.
There are certain ingredients that can be added even to organic formula, which can make it much less healthy and more dangerous for your baby. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most harmful ingredients and why they should be avoided:
- Sweeteners: Now all sweeteners are bad, but the ones like corn syrup and sugar are. These are added to milk formula to make it taste as close as possible to breast milk, which is also sweet. The best natural sweetener is lactose, but it is also a pretty expensive one. To save up on the cost of formula, manufacturers often choose other alternatives such as corn syrup and sugar.
- Palm oil: This ingredient is bad for adults, but it can cause even great harm to children. This is the same situation as with sweeteners—manufacturers trying to replicate human milk by adding certain ingredients such as fatty acids. However, palm oil is not the best solution and it should be avoided or at least used in moderation.
- Carrageenan: Most manufacturers claim that carrageenan is completely safe to use, but the truth is that it can be extremely dangerous and lead to inflammation and other serious risks. Many organic formula brands banned this ingredient from use, but it is still a good idea to check if the chosen formula contains any of it.
2. Talk to your pediatrician.
It’s safe to say that your doctor knows your baby’s needs even better than you do. And if you tell your pediatrician everything about your baby’s behavior, likes and dislikes, allergies, and other important information, it will be much easier for you to find a good formula that will be both healthy and safe for your baby. Don’t hesitate to contact your doctor, and make sure you prepare well for a visit.
3. Shop only from reliable stores.
Even if you buy the most expensive formula with the best ingredients in the world, you won’t be safe from such dangers as improper storage and damaged packaging. This is why it is best to shop from such stores as the Organic baby formula shop where you can find any kind of organic baby formula that will be delivered to you in the safest conditions possible.
Don’t rush into making a decision
There are tons of things to consider, so choosing a baby formula too soon can only hurt your baby. Take some time to explore all options you have and find out what ingredients will be best for your baby. Feel free to ask around and talk to other parents who had to deal with the same problem as you.