Are you planning to purchase a new laptop to attend classes or to work from home? Are you willing to buy a laptop with multiple features yet affordable? Do not worry, this article will guide you to identify the best laptops under your budget.
What features are required for your laptop?
- Operating system:
First and foremost you need to choose the correct OS (Operating System) when buying a laptop. It will determine the environment that you will work in. Thus, always verify the OS (pre-loaded) and it should meet all your needs.
- Windows version:
Install the latest or current version of the Windows. It is an intuitive, easy-to-use GUI and an ideal platform for study or work. Nowadays most laptops are Windows compatible.
- Mac version:
Install the latest or current version of the macOS. It is simpler to use and has an easy to learn interface. It makes multitasking a lot simpler, especially for robust users and has less vulnerability or high security.
- Linux version:
It is an open-source OS (Operating System) and is secure from malicious programs. If you are a coder then this can be the perfect option as it supports a huge range of different programming languages. Additionally, you do not have to compromise on the performance and are highly reliable.
Tips for purchasing a laptop
- Screen size: 15-16” is standard but if you wish for a more portable option then you can choose between 12” to 14”.
- ROM and RAM: Minimum of 4GB RAM is required for multitasking along with 512GB storage at least. You can increase this specification according to your requirement.
- Display Type: Choose IPS for excellent viewing angles.
- Battery: Choose approximately a minimum of eight hours of battery support.
How can you identify the correct RAM size for your laptop?
Larger the RAM size, the greater the multitasking abilities. Depending on your use, for example, casual browsing, office work, online classes, etc.
Light use: For watching online videos, browsing websites, and doing official work. Choose a budget laptop within a decent range that should contain a decent RAM size (4GB) and SSD storage (256GB).
Medium use: Moderate intensive use like running a semi-demanding office and photo editing programs. The laptop should contain a Core i3 to Core i5 processor along with a standard 4GB-8GB Ram size and SSD storage of 512GB.
Heavy use: Extensive use such as video editing, rendering, working with multiple images, graphic design, animation, professional gaming, etc. The laptop should contain a Core i9 processor or above along with a standard 16GB to 32GB RAM size and an SSD (top end) storage unit.
Specifications to look for in your laptop
- USB ports like Type-C will offer you functionality and speed.
- A Display like an OLED screen will give you a better display.
- A Touch Screen will make the user interface way simpler.
- Two-in-one PCs can detach or fold flat for a tablet experience.
- Next-gen WiFi (WiFi 6) is way faster than the standard ones.
- Graphics are very important for editing purposes.
You can buy the best budget laptops on online EMI or laptop for rent nowadays. Avail instant financing or choose a laptop on rent in Hyderabad. Hope this article will help you choose the best one according to your needs.