Are you always complaining about your lower back pain? You are not alone, and it’s a crowded room with people talking about the same thing. Back pain has become so common today due to the opted sedentary lifestyle. It can also result from some injuries to tendons in the lower back. It can also be due to underlying causes or genetic diseases like arthritis, disk injuries, or structural problems.
Obesity also leads to lower back pain in which the weight of the upper limb becomes hard to bear by the lower limb.
What Is Lower Back Pain?
According to Spine-health.com, A low back sprain or strain can happen suddenly or develop slowly over time from repetitive movements. It mostly occurs near the spine’s lumbar region, below the rib cage. There can be different reasons as to why one is suffering from this problem.
People experience mild to severe pain in the lumbar back region which even makes accomplishing day-to-day task difficult. Though it gets better with rest and other chiropractic treatments, but people are too busy to lay around and wait for the pain to vanish.
What’s the Reason Behind This?
There are so many factors behind this problem. Here are some of them:
- Weight: Obese people are much more likely to suffer such problems. The trick here is to maintain a healthy weight. The body needs to stay active as much as possible, and the intake of junkies should be completely avoided.
- Age: Ageing invites soo many diseases, and lower back pain is one among them. The soft tissues that line the bones wear out as people start ageing. It usually causes stiffness and results in severe pain.
- Sedentary Lifestyle: Sedentary life has a huge role in inviting different diseases to the body. It’s recommended to eat healthily and opt for healthy habits.
- Structural Problems: Chronic pain in the back can be the result of conditions like scoliosis.
- Health Issues: Genetics also has a role here. People with a family history of osteoarthritis also carry a chance of suffering from this problem. Other mental health problems like depression and anxiety can also cause strain on the back.
How to Take Care of Your Lower Back Pain?
The pain will go away with time and proper treatment. You need to constantly keep a check on your lower back pain to get some relief. However, some home remedies can help in treating acute pain. If you have muscle strain or mild back pain, here’s how you should take care of it. You can do the same for chronic pain daily to get some relief.
Include Short Resting Period
Avoid any strenuous activity that leads to any back pain. Take short resting breaks, but they shouldn’t last longer because too much rest can also enhance the pain level. If you have a desk job and get a very small window to rest, you can try a lumber back support belt. Keep changing positions, walk whenever you get time, and sit in the right posture.
Over-the-counter medications are only recommended when the pain gets unbearable. The medications that are commonly given in lower back pain are:
They help treat swollen nerves and muscles and give instant relief to lower back pain. However, it is always recommended to consult your doctor before taking any medication, as some can interfere with your ongoing medications.
Heat and ice therapy helps relax the tense part of the muscle. It helps in improving the flow of the blood and enhances the level of oxygen in those muscles. You can apply a hot pack to the areas where you are experiencing severe lower back pain.
If you are suffering pain from an inflamed lower back, try applying cold packs. It helps in reducing swelling
Note- Always wrap the heat pack or cold pack around a towel and never apply it directly to your skin to prevent skin damage.
If you have severe pain and have a job to be done, try applying a heat pack before leaving for work. It helps in relaxing muscles and improves mobility.
Exercising is vital, and everyone should make it a part of life. It keeps the body in good shape and health and is a cure for different bone problems. You can start with simple stretching for five to ten minutes and when you start feeling comfortable with it, go for strengthening exercises.
The Bottom Line
Lower back pain has become a very common and rising issue, but with the right practice, you can combat the disease in no time. Focus on your lifestyle, instil good habits, and you will eventually see results with pain in any area of your body.