[Pii_Email_b47d29538f12c20da426] is a warning on Microsoft Office Outlook to indicate that it needs repair. This error automatically pops up when something goes wrong with the Outlook application.
Outlook is a private data supervising tool for Windows, macOS, and other operating systems. It has a web email program, calendar, contacts, and task scheduler. In addition to that, this utility came out in July 2012. Although it is a high-quality email management program, it has some flaws, like frequent error codes.
There are a few ways to get rid of it.
Reasons Behind the Error [Pii_Email_b47d29538f12c20da426]
This message will show up on your Outlook due to a few mysterious reasons. Microsoft is not giving any technical support regarding this matter, so it is quite complicated. Weak internet connectivity could be causing this error while fetching emails on Outlook. If you have decided to fight this error, please implement the steps given below on this page.
How to Fix [Pii_Email_b47d29538f12c20da426] Outlook Error?
You can easily avoid this error using the below resolutions:
Delete Temporary Files
Do you know that temporary files can sometimes create errors on your Outlook application? Yes, that’s indeed true. Outlook creates some temporary files on your system to work more effectively, but when these files are damaged, it could initiate an error [Pii_Email_b47d29538f12c20da426]. So the most effortless way to get rid of this issue is via removing all temporary files.
Here is what you have to do:
- First, make sure you are on the desktop screen.
- Quickly navigate to the start menu.
- Please input “%temp%” and hit the enter button to open the temp folder of your computer.
- Now you will automatically see the file manager popping up on your screen.
- You will land inside the temp folder. It contains all temporary files on your system.
- Please select all files inside it and delete them permanently.
- You can press the shift + delete buttons on your keyboard to permanently delete all items.
- Once you have deleted all temporary files, close all running apps and tasks on your system.
- Then restart your computer and Outlook.
See if the software opens without displaying the [Pii_Email_b47d29538f12c20da426] message.
Deleting and Re-Installing
You may need to delete the entire installation of Outlook from your system. Now here comes the tricky part, since you cannot uninstall Outlook solely because it’s a part of Microsoft Office. Therefore, you have to get rid of Office. Once you do that, you will re-install it using the official website. That way, you will remove this error along with the application. Don’t worry as you will not lose your documents linked to Microsoft Office. They are stored separately, so they won’t get removed.
Use the below instructions to reinstall MS Office:
- Navigate to the settings on your computer and then select the Apps tile.
- Next, you will see your all installed applications on the screen.
- Please scroll down and locate MS Office.
- When you locate it, click on it once.
- You will see the Remove button under it to eliminate the application.
- So, go ahead and hit the Remove icon to delete it from your computer to fix the [Pii_Email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error.
- Once you have deleted it, please restart your device.
- Now open an internet browser and visit the Office website.
- Sign in to your user account.
- Go to the Download tab and install the latest edition on your computer.
- After that, please re-run Outlook and see if it runs without any restrictions.
Restore to an Earlier Time
If the problem remains, it might be happening due to some technical errors on your operating system. You can readily eliminate the Pii_Email_b47d29538f12c20da426 error by restoring the operating system to an earlier point. All Windows-based computers have a feature to return to a previous state. We are going to use it to resolve the ongoing issue:
- Navigate to the start menu and search for the restore point.
- Tap the most appropriate result from the given list.
- When the new window appears, select the system restore button.
- Now you will be able to see earlier restore points of your machine.
- Select an earlier date in which your device was not affected with the “Pii_Email_b47d29538f12c20da426” error.
- After that, click the next button and follow the instructions.
- Once the process finishes, your computer will restore to an earlier date.
- Restart your gadget and open the Outlook application.
Reset Your Computer to Solve [Pii_Email_b47d29538f12c20da426]
It is the most effective way to fix critical errors but involves the risk of losing your files. These days, all computers have a reset option to reconstruct the operating system without utilizing any external device, file, or software. Windows 10’s Reset this PC feature is even more effective and powerful. It will assist you to get rid of all issues, including errors and slow performance within a few minutes.
Use the given below instructions to reset your PC and say a last goodbye to the [Pii_Email_b47d29538f12c20da426] glitch:
- First of all, make sure to store your valuable files and software in a separate external drive. You have to back up all your personal and important information either on a cloud device or external storage because all data will vanish from your computer.
- Once you have stored all your essential data in a safe place, navigate to settings.
- Click on Update and Restore.
- Please find and select Reset This PC.
- Click Erase All Items.
- Continue to follow the instructions on your screen till the process ends.
- Now reinstall the Office suite and enjoy your new MS Outlook without Pii_Email errors.
Many people have faced the same problem on Outlook, but some of them have completely discontinued using this email manager. You can also check out popular alternatives for organizing and managing emails. However, troubleshooting is the most preferred answer.